There are many products that work intensely on whitening your skin and promise all the results. Using these products helps lessen the high pigmentation in areas where birthmarks and moles can be seen. There are natural and synthetic products known to be effective in lightening any skin color. You will learn how each ingredient works and which products are effective in whitening your skin.
Skin Lightening Product Comparison Chart:
The color of the skin varies from one person to another because the presence of melanin also varies in the skin. The skin color ranges from white to black with some having a pinkish glow due to the blood vessels found underneath the skin. Melanocytes produce the pigment called melanin wherein its production is stimulated by tryosinase. Moreover, melanin controls the amount of ultraviolet rays from the sun that penetrates the skin through absorption. UV radiation can assist with the production of Vitamin D but this can also damage the skin to overexposure.
Natural Ways for Whiter, Smoother Skin
Before trying topical products to whiten your skin, here are natural ways that can help you have a natural glow:
- Balanced Diet – one important element to include in whitening your skin is through a balanced diet. Processed foods have altered ingredients that only make your skin prone to redness and blemishes. It is also important to incorporate fiber rich foods since this will help in eliminating toxins out of the body.
- Drink Water – drinking at least two liters of water per day can help wash out toxins in the body and keep out the blemishes.
- Exercise – apart from drinking and eating healthy, it is also good to maintain a daily exercise routine. This will help in enhancing blood circulation and deliver adequate amounts of oxygen in the body. Your cells will then be filled with oxygen and stimulated to regenerate faster.
Skin Whitening Ingredients
Most of the skin whitening treatments act by blocking melanin production. Their main action is to inhibit the enzyme tyrosinase. Several treatments use a combination of gels or lotions along with a sunscreen. The following are some of the components you will find in skin whitening products:
- Hydroquinone – primarily, this substance is used for whitening the skin because of its antioxidant abilities. Cosmetic concentrations are available in 2% while other concentrations are at 4%. This substance does not bleach the skin but it helps lighten the skin.
- Kojic Acid – this is the by-product of malting rice or the process of sake production. Studies have shown that Kojic acid is efficient in inhibiting melanin production but this is also an unstable ingredient in without the right cosmetic formulation. When exposed to sunlight, this can turn brown and therefore lose efficiency. Several cosmetic companies have used Kojic dipalmitate as potent substitute.
- Arbutin – this is a potent alternative to hydroquinone. Arbutin is harvested from mulberry, white mulberry, bearberry, and paper mulberry. The action of arbutin is to inhibit the production of melanin. Some forms of arbutin are also found in pears and this substance if considered safe over other skin whitening ingredients.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) – is one of the most researched skin whitening ingredients since it can easily penetrate the skin because of its molecular size. The benefit of AHA is to generate cell regeneration and remove abnormal layers of the skin (exfoliation). The superficial layer of the skin is where most discolorations occur.
Top 3 Skin Lightening Creams
Lux Intensive is an intensive hydrating serum that helps lighten age spots, acne and uneven skin tone problems. Its rich formula nourishes the skin providing smooth, soft skin while brightening the overall texture. It is designed using all natural ingredients such as vitamins C, E, and CoQ10, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Green Tea extract, Gotu Kola, Hyaluronic Acid, and Gluconolactone, which reduces hyperpigmentation and evens out skintone. For skin that lacks radiance, this powerful formula promotes a brighter and more balanced complexion optimizing the look of skin.
Most importantly, Lux Intensive is 100% natural, and contains no mercury or other banned ingredients, such as hydroquinone that could cause damage to your skin or body and works on all skin types. This is the best Skin Lightening product available. Visit the official site at luxintensive.com
The manufacturers of Illuminatural 6i offer the extensive researched product in the form of topical serum. This product is proven to brighten and lighten the skin with daily application. The dark spots can fade along with even skin tone with its formulation of six active ingredients. These ingredients help in blocking and stopping melanin pigment and therefore sloughs off pigmented cells. You will notice how the areas are lightened with daily application and see fantastic results in just 90 days.
This product works for lightening dark elbows, knees, and other hyperpigmentations. Illuminatural 6i is also a great product for lightening birthmarks, freckles, old scars, acne scars, and liver spots. They offer a product guarantee where you can send back their product if you do not see the results.
This product promises to make your skin more even toned and less blotchy. It uses no toxic substances and only manufactures natural products for healthier and more vibrant skin. The ingredients in Revitol Skin Brightener are safe, as it uses active and natural ingredients for reducing pigmentations. Among the components of Revitol Skin Brightener are:
- Arbutin – harvested from the bearberry plant, which reduces dark area appearance.
- Lumiskin – inhibits the effects of tyrosinase, thereby lessening pigmentation.
- Shea Butter – extracted from Karite Nut Tree (mangifolia) to protect the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Evening Primrose Oil – reduces dry skin
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – powerful antioxidant for regenerating skin cells
- Vitamins A, C, E – for improved elasticity and healthier glow of the skin
Since 1994, the Tomjai Enterprise already specialized in the skin care industry of whitening products. They import unique skin care products from West Africa, Rome, Paris, and Geneva. They are now one of the largest importers when it comes to unique skin care until this present day. Just last 2004, they have collaborated with an expert dermatologist and chemist in Paris in order to manufacture the highest quality skin care product known as Xtreme Brite. This is one of the perfect skin brighteners and helped thousands of customers to achieve a white skin. Their products include the following:
- Xtreme Brite Gel – this brightening cream has a sunscreen ingredient and several vitamins. This helps in providing even tone and smooth complexion.
- Complete Body Soap – this has agents perfect for exfoliating the skin. It helps remove dead skin cells and generate a new layer of the skin.
- Brightening Peeling Soap – uses peeling agents for removing dead skin cells and even clean the skin.
- Clear Quick Gel – this product has ingredients that help remove dark spots and protects your skin from the harmful effect of ultraviolet rays. The formula is non-greasy and can be easily absorbed by the skin.
- Perfect Brightener Lotion – formulated for hydrating and brightening the skin. It has a deep penetrating action to remove dark spots and leave your skin younger and softer.
- Xtreme Brite Cocoa Butter Lotion – this is a silky but hydrating lotion and helps brighten dull skin. It results in a smoother and whiter skin without the stretch marks, scars, and dark spots.
- Clear Quick Cream – this cream helps in firming and clearing the skin of dark spots and blemishes. The perfect formula of this cream helps in firming and having a lighter skin.
If you need a sure way to whiten your skin without the dangerous side effects, the products from Xtreme Brite is for you.